Simplified Genetics respects your privacy and has taken all necessary precautions to maintain a high level of privacy for every individual. All information provided by an individual taking the Simplified Genetics Genetic Tests is kept on a secure server and their samples are identified by unique ID codes during the analysis. We never sell, share or distribute this information with any third party organization.
The procedures for processing genetic samples:
- All components of the Simplified Genetics genetic tests and mailing envelopes are barcoded for tracking and confidentiality.
- The lab receives the swabs, confirms and uploads the barcoded sample for confidentiality, tracking, and control.
- The DNA is extracted from the swab using specific DNA extraction solution and reagents for genetic analysis.
- The samples are amplified through PCR (polymerase chain reaction) and are screened for accuracy.
- The nucleotides and amino acids are then detected with a proprietary sequencing technology.
- The results of the detected amino acids are then analyzed and compiled by special software and translated into confidential reports for Simplified Genetics or its partners.
The information we collect:
- Personal Account Data: including contact information and/or physician’s information administering the test, name, gender, address and payment information if purchased privately
- Genetic Data: buccal cells for specific gene panels to identify polymorphisms pertaining only to the genetic test purchased
How we use your information:
- Simplified Genetics collects client’s genetic and personal information to provide genetic results and services pertaining to the genetic test ordered.
- Simplified Genetics discloses genetic information with a physician only in the occurrence that the genetic test was ordered through a physician or physician’s office.
- Simplified Genetics does not share, nor distribute your information with any Third Party Service for surveys or services.
- Simplified Genetics does not share genetic information with employers or health insurance providers. Your are protected under the Genetic Information
- Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) of 2008
- Simplified Genetics may use your genetic information for private research performed by Simplified Genetics. For data collection, research or other methods to better understand polymorphisms, phenotypes or genotypes that will better serve the scientific community. Your information will not be shared or disclosed to any organization. The genetic information will remain traceable only by unique ID codes.
**Clients may request their DNA sample to be safely destroyed at anytime following the delivery of his or her lab results.
- When you use our website, we receive and collect certain information.
- Some information is automatically received and collected when you visit the Simplified Genetics website. We receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site. We use this information to monitor the usage of our site. Also, when we send emails to you, we may be able to identify information about your email address. All of the information we automatically capture provides us with the ability to enhance our customers’ search and shopping experiences and to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
- If you would like to obtain more information about the third-party distribution of banners on our website, and to know your choices about having such cookies turned off, please visit www.privacychoices.org. If you turn off the cookies, you will still see banners on our site; however, the banners will not be tailored to your shopping experience.
- To help us understand the effectiveness of certain of our email marketing efforts, we may use “message format” and “message open” sensing technologies. Both technologies require the use of pixel tags or clear GIFs (also called web beacons). The “message format” sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails; if so, this information is then associated with your email address so that subsequent messages can be sent to you in HTML format. The “message open” sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have opened our email message. We can only detect this if you have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails.
- For most of the browsing services we provide, we neither require nor collect “Personal Customer Information” — your name, email address, billing address, shipping address(es), phone number and credit card information. You can browse our website and take as much time as you want to view our products and services without having to submit personal information.
- In the following instance, however, we do need you to actively submit personal information: when you want to become an affiliate marketer, open an account, or complete an order.
- Simplified Genetics shares personal information that we collect as follows:
- We send personal information to third-party subcontractors and agents that work on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use the personal information beyond what is necessary to assist us or fulfill your order. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the personal information and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by us.
- We send personal information to third-party providers of goods and services that you may purchase from time to time on our site (e.g., ISPs). Like subcontractors, these third parties do not have the right to use the personal information beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by us.
- We may work with certain companies who, in conjunction with their own membership programs or rewards programs, require that we disclose purchasing information about their customers who visit the our website through links from the partner sites, or use the partner’s credit card to make purchases on our website (e.g., to earn commissions for purchases made on the Simplified Genetics website through outside links from the partner site, such as planned pay cards). We disclose only the information required to make these programs work and support your membership with them, which typically includes the name and/or email address of the user as well as the dollar amount of purchases made. We disclose this information to companies under an agreement that requires that they obtain your consent first, usually under the membership or participation rules. If you do not want us to disclose that information to the strategic partner, then you must contact them directly.
- Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution and their vendors, who receive the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
- We may release personal information when we believe, in our judgment, that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with law enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, or others.
- As a customer, you may receive the following communications from us: Communications related to transaction and account maintenance activities. These communications include without limitation: order confirmations; order update notices; order problem notices; and notices regarding material changes to site policies and account management procedures.
- Our products and services are marketed for purchase by adults or with the consent of adults. This is why we require a credit card that has been authorized for use to complete purchases on our website.